Many adults reflect on childhood summer camp experiences as some of their happiest and most meaningful memories from youth. Camp administrators can help create more of these adult advocates by ensuring the wellbeing of current young campers, who—thanks to a safe and productive environment—will leave their camp retreats to enter adolescence or adulthood armed with life lessons and memories of joy.
Follow these steps to keep your camp safe this summer:
Step1: Read this article on Camp Safety:
Step 2:Read these articles on Child Sexual Abuse:
Step 3: Determine what kind of training your organization needs:
Step 4: Be prepared with these sample abuse questions and parent/guardian notification letter:
- Stay Safe of the Playground
- Playground Equipment Guidelines
- Stay Safe on Inflatable Amusement Rides
- Swimming Pool Safety
- Special Event Planning
- Active Shooter Events Continue to Rise- Are You Prepared?
- Concussion Prevention: Creating a Safe Sport Culture
- Campground Management Safety Checklist
- Heat Stress Exposures and Controls
- Mosquito Bite Prevention